2021 The 100 Day Project - Day 1


Well my first day of The100 Day Project for 2021, started with celebrating one of my grandchildren's birthday.  I was so busy creating a fun weekend to celebrate my grand daughter's birthday that I did not have time to actually "do" a creative art project.  Sometimes creativity is in imagining new and fun was to share life with one another.  The whole weekend was in my opinion a great creative process.  
 
  Here in Melbourne the COVID numbers are zero for over 20 days. So, we were able to  have our grand daughter stay over on Saturday evening. We wanted to make the Saturday and Sunday a fun weekend for our grand daughter.  Being creative does not always mean you are an artist, or do artistic projects. Sometimes creativity can just be using your imagination to make someone's day special. My first day of #warratahstree100dayproject was just that. Making our grand daughter's weekend a fun, creative, happy celebration of her birthday.  Her only request was that she spend the night at our house and have a special dinner of Chili with her family on the Sunday evening. 

  We started weekend celebrations with Blue Berry on Saturday.  The plan was to use the blueberries in the birthday cake.  Grandpa is famous in our family for his banana cake.  With lots of blueberries that we had picked on Saturday, he added blueberries to his famous banana cake for Sunday. Our grand daughter had fun helping make the cake and requested that grandpa make pink icing for her cake.  With the cake made for the next day, we made pizza for dinner of pizza and had an outdoor movie night in our back garden.We set up our back yard area for outdoor movie night with chairs and blankets to keep us warm. The outdoor table was set up with the TV on it so we could all see the Disney+ movie our grand daughter picked out to watch.  What fun it was to have dinner and a movie even if it was just in our back garden. 
 
  Sunday morning was creating pancakes with grandpa making a dog shaped pancake for our grand daughter.  In our house when the grandchildren visit it is a must to have pancakes for breakfast.  After breakfast, while I cleaned house, my grand daughter had grandpa creating special signs for a "Treasure Hunt".  The treasure hunt was for everyone coming to the Chili dinner to find my grand daughter's birthday present we had given her that morning.  It was so much fun watching the excitement in my grand daughter while she was writing out all the clues and creating drawings for her treasure maps. The idea was to use images and clues to find her new birthday present.
 


 
 
   While it was not a formal creative project on my first day of #The100DayProject. It was a creative weekend for both my husband and I to create a special birthday celebration for one of our grandchildren. 

  My husband and I had a great weekend having our grand daughter over. What a great way to spend time with family.
Happy Creating;
Tracy
#the100dayproject, #warratahstree100dayproject, #artistmelbourne, #creativity

Comments